SAFE T CERT
Murnane & O’Shea Ltd were awarded its Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Safe-T-Cert accreditation in 2010 and have held their accreditation ever since. Safe-T-Cert is a certification scheme designed for certifying the Safety Management Systems of contractors working in the construction industry. The Scheme’s objective is to improve health and safety management by providing objective standards and certifying those contractors whose safety management systems have been assessed, meet the requirements for training and competence, demonstrate the implementation of an occupational health and safety management system which meets the requirements of SafeTCert standard – incorporating continual improvement and addresses relevant national legislation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Murnane & O’Shea Ltd. recognises its responsibilities, under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005, to provide as safe a place of work as is reasonably practicable. The Safety Statement has been prepared to comply with Section 20 of the aforementioned Act but also to acknowledge the moral responsibilities of the company to take reasonable care of all its employees and others affected by our activities.
The policy of Murnane & O’Shea Ltd. is:
- To comply with the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act (General Applications) Regulations 2007 to 2020 and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations, 2013 and any other regulations applicable to projects undertaken.
- To identify and adhere to all new health and safety legislation and Industry Best Practice.
- To strive for continual improvement of health and safety throughout the company.
- To ensure the Safety, Health and Welfare at work of all our employees in so far as is reasonably practicable.
- To ensure the people, not in our employment, who may be affected by our work activities, are not thereby exposed to risks to their safety and health.
- To consult with all our employees on issues of Safety, Health and Welfare at work, take account of their representations, as far as is reasonably practicable, and to notify them of their specific duties under the 2005 Act.
- To make available information, instruction, training and supervision on safe working practices as detailed in the Safety Statement, to our entire workforce and to do everything reasonably practicable to ensure sub-contractors are similarly informed and accept working under these conditions.
- To distribute this Safety Statement to all sites and ensure that the additional hazards are identified for each individual site.
- To ensure that all necessary resources, structures and procedures are in place to allow effective implementation and maintenance of the Safety Statement.
- To assess the effectiveness and implementation of the Safety Statement annually and make any changes deemed necessary when new legislation comes into effect.
- It is the duty of all personnel (including sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors) to take all reasonable precautions to avoid injury to themselves and those affected by their activities.
- Our legal and moral responsibility for our own safety and the safety of others dictate that everyone must know and comply with the safety requirements pertaining to their work.
- This Safety Statement shall, therefore, be brought to the attention of, and made accessible to all Murnane & O’Shea Ltd. employees and sub-contractors so that they will know and understand their responsibilities as detailed in it and the co-operation required from all to achieve a “SAFE PLACE OF WORK”.
On behalf of Murnane & O’Shea Limited
COVID 19 PROTOCOLS
Safety is always at the forefront of our Operating Protocols and Procedures. In light of the COVID 19 Pandemic, to return to work, we followed the Return to Work Safety Protocols for Employers and Works developed by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and the Department of Health and we have implemented the C-19 Pandemic Standard Operating Procedures developed by the Construction Industry Federation.
The Murnane & O’Shea quality management system is a collection of business processes focused on providing a quality construction service. It is implemented throughout the organisation through the clear understanding of the policies, procedures, processes and resources and gives confidence to our customers of our ability to deliver a product that consistently meets their needs and expectations.
This enables MOS to ensure that all construction projects achieve a consistent level of quality and that we are continuously improving our service and product offering to our clients.
The most important business objective is delivering excellent building contractor services whilst maintaining the highest standard of quality relating to managing construction services and projects.
It is the policy of the Murnane & O’Shea Ltd to complete every project in accordance with specific quality requirements. An effective Management System has been implemented which complies with the requirements of the International Standard ISO 9001:2008.
Murnane & O’Shea Ltd. recognise its operations directly affect the local natural and human environment. This includes awareness of the effects its activities may have, on the air, on water and on land. We will with the co-operation of our clients, subcontractors, suppliers and all our employees seek to consider the environmental implications of all our activities from purchasing to use. To achieve these objectives we will:
- Comply with all relevant legislation and follow the necessary codes of practice.
- Advise contractors and be advised of environmental developments in the construction area.
- Plan and execute works to minimise the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience to those affected by such operations.
- Recognise the importance of archaeological remains.
- Actively encourage greater use of those consumable items which can be recycled or reused.
- Report and correct environmental incidents as they occur.
- Use energy responsibly and efficiently.
- Promote an environmental culture through employee consultation and training.
- Monitor and continually seek improved environmental performance
- 2020 House Building Excellence Firm
- 2018 Industrial Project of the Year, Irish Construction Industry Awards – Pilz Ireland
- 2010 OPUS Architecture & Construction Award –Skibbereen Credit Union – Heritage Category winner
- Plan Expo Opus Architecture & Construction Awards – Coppingers Court, Popes Quay, Cork
- Lá Barr 50 Gnó La Gaeilge 2006 – Foras na Gaeilgefor Cul Ard, Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork
- Cork County Council Environmental Awards
- Building Design Award For Access for the Disabled – The Cope Foundation
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Murnane & O`Shea Ltd are aware, understand and are committed to the four core dimensions of its corporate responsibility. The Environment, the Community, the Workplace and the Marketplace.
We as a company recognize that an implementation of a CSR programme can promote and strengthen our business as well as making a positive contribution to the Workforce, Stakeholders, the Environment and the Community in which we operate. By having implemented, taking account, considering and following these common actions going forward, we aim to uphold this responsibility and we will continue to review and take into account these dimensions in future decisions and actions as listed below.
- The Environment: Reducing waste, Recycling Waste Material, the use of Renewable Material, the Reduction of paper use. Managing the Disposal of Waste material. Support and Promote Environmental Policies. Implement resources as efficiently as possible
- The Community: Interaction with the Community. Providing Volunteers. Sponsoring events. Employing Local People. Raising money for charities.
- The Workplace: To deliver our aim to promote Health and Wellbeing as the Core Value of the Workplace. Support and engage with the workforce in the matter of Health and Wellbeing, Safety and Welfare.
- The Marketplace: Making Responsible commercial decisions in dealing with suppliers and customers. Promote Responsible business practices and Highlight positive impacts that they are making,